What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data that are downloaded automatically and stored on your device when you visit our website. They enable our website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
- To help us track usage patterns in order to improve and manage our sites.
- To record preferences in order to tailor your user experience to your needs.
What types of cookie do we use?
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Because these cookies are strictly necessary, we do not need to ask for your consent to use them.
Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.By using our website, you agree we may place these types of cookies on your device.
Performance cookies collect aggregated and anonymous information about traffic to our website and how visitors use our website. This may include the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website, the pages that they visited, what time of day they visited, whether they have visited our website before, and other similar information.
We use this information to help operate our services more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our website. These cookies include:
Google Analytics which uses its own cookies, which collects statistical data regarding user demographics, counting visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.
By using our website, you agree to these types of cookies being placed on your device.
How to manage your cookies
If you wish to control or disable cookies, you can easily do this through your browser settings. However, restricting cookies may affect your experience on our website and prevent some services and tools from working.
All browsers are different. Depending on the browser you are using, cookies can be managed according to the steps below.
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu ‘tools’ then ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘privacy’ tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting More detailed instructions are available here. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/260971/description-of-cookies)
- Click on the menu icon at the top-right of your browser and select ‘Settings’
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy and Security’ section and select the ‘Content settings’ button
- 3. Select ‘Cookies’ menu item and locate ‘Allow sites to save and read cookie data’ More detailed instructions are available here. (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB&p=cpn_cookies)
- Click on the menu icon at the top-right of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’
- Then select the ‘Privacy and Security’ tab
- Locate the ‘History’ section, then select ‘use custom settings for history’ More detailed instructions are available here. (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer)
- Click on the cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’
- Select the appropriate “Cookies and website data” option More detailed instructions are available here. (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US)
If your browser is not listed here, please check the help settings within your browser or use a search engine to find answers on the best way to enable or disable cookies in your chosen browser.
By Browser Extension
Alternatively, you may wish to install a browser extension such as Ghostery.
Ghostery detects and blocks tracking technologies on the websites you visit to speed up page loads, eliminate clutter, and protect your data and privacy. It keeps you informed on what companies are tracking you and provides you the tools you need to control what to block and when.
To find out more or to download the Ghostery extension for your browser click here. (https://www.ghostery.com/products/?utm_source=ghostery.com&utm_campaign=products_menu)
For more information on cookies, what they do, and how to control them, please visit the following external links: